TO CELEBRATE THE 40th Anniversary of the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum, the museum is hosting the Hamilton Air Show this June 16 and 17 at 7825 Airport Rd. E. in Hamilton/Mount Hope , an air show…like no other!
There won't be another air show like this in Ontario, Canada for another 20 years!!
Here's the spectacular, star-studded line-up:
* HAMILTON SPORT PARACHUTE CLUB - Beech 18
* CANADIAN WARPLANE HERITAGE MUSEUM Mass Formation - Lancaster, Firefly & B-25, DC-3 & PBY, Beech 18 & Lysanders, Stearman, Chipmunk, Cornell, Tiger Moth, Fort & Finch
* GREAT WAR FLYING MUSEUM - World War I dogfight - Fokker DR.1, Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter, Royal Aircraft Factory SE5A
* VINTAGE WINGS of CANADA - Goodyear FG-1D Corsair, Supermarine Spitfire MK. XVI, Hawker Hurricane Mk. IV, Canadair CL-13 Sabre "Golden Hawks" (Hawk One), Curtiss P-40 Kittyhawk, North American P-51D Mustang and the Westland Lysander MK. IIIA
* HARVARDS - Mass Formation & Aerobatic Team Demonstration
* CP-140 AURORA - demo performance
* FOCKE-WOLFE 190 (WWII German fighter) - Never before seen at a Canadian air show!
* NORTH AMERICAN P-51 Mustang
* GM FM-2 WILDCAT (US Navy)
* DOUGLAS AD-4 SKYRAIDER (Korean War, and Vietnam) (US Navy)
* MATT YOUNKIN - Beech 18 Aerobatics
* CF-18 HORNET DEMO
* PETE MCCLEOD - Red Bull Aerobatics
* The SNOWBIRDS
* WORLD WAR II BOMBERS - B-29, B-17, B-25, Lancaster, Curtis-Wright Helldiver, B-24 Liberator (cancelled, crash landing a week ago), Grumman TBM Avenger (US Navy)
* FAIRCHILD REPUBLIC A-10 THUNDERBOLT IIs (2 -static)
Nope, the Province of ONTARIO will not see an air show like this…maybe…never again!
Come out, and join the Canadian Warplane Museum's 40th Anniversary Celebration!
What am I exited about?
Well all the participating a/c of course, but I've never seen a B-29 Superfortress before, or a Focke-Wolfe 190.
B-29s were the high-altitude pressurized bombers employed to drop the war-stopping A-Bombs on Japan. Could Lancs have carried the hefty A-Bomb? Yes. But NOT at the 32,000' feet height the B-29 could fly at!
The Focke-Wolfe 190 was a formidable foe for the legendary Spitfire and new, better Spitfires had to be developed…to counter-act this deadly German fighter.
Oh, and I can't get enough of the Hawk One Sabre in Golden Hawks colours! And the Lysanders, and the Lancaster, and the B-17, and the A-10 tank-destroyers, and the…
(B-29 photo courtesy of (? Unknown), © CWH 2012…compiled graphic)