Sunday, March 15, 2009

RCAF Approved: MAINTAINING Your Lancaster!

FIXING MY BOMBER


WHENEVER I'M working on my Lancaster, as you can see here I'm working on those mighty Merlins…I can't always go by memory.

Ain't what it used to be.

So I get out my Hayne's Owner's Workshop Manual for my Mighty Lanc before I do ANYTHING!

This is a damn expensive airplane, folks! And I can't take it to Canadian Tire!! Even though it was made here, locally, in Toronto.

So here goes.

Chocks in place.

Righty, tighty…lefty, loosey.

It doesn't get any better than this…working on my Lanc…Supertramp playing in the background, but hey…I almost forgot.

There is ALSO a Hayne's Owner's Workshop Manual for the Supermarine Spitfire and even the British Leyland one! Thanks ...Anna... for the tip.

WHY THERE ISN'T a Hayne's Owner's Guide for the Boeing B-17 or the North American P-51, only Ken knows. There isn't even one for the famous Taylorcraft 75.

There will be one for the Avro Arrow.

I assembled a little graphic here for the viewership, complete with page views from the books.

I. Ain't. Making. This. Stuff. Up.



© Hayne's Owner's Workshop Manuals
© SPIR
© Paul Cardin

No comments: